Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dancing shoes as wedding shoes.. why didn't I think of it before!

It's not an exaggeration to say one thing I fear the most from my wedding-to-be is the necessity to stand for hours on high heels.. though a girl friend told me, 'that's why you have your groom! you can hang on him for support!' Still, fatigued calves and blisters is really NOT how I wanna spend the so-called big day of my life. Somehow, my right pinky toe is often the one that get blisters even after wearing the shoes for just 1-2 hours and I dread having to stand with blisters for the whole day..

So what's a flip-flop girl to do? As always, every major decision in life starts from Google, (Yes, I did google, "I have a crush on my capoeira senior" and "dating a singaporean guy" before I decided to proceed..). Brilliantly, I found a wedding forum where the ladies raved about wearing dancing shoes as wedding shoes.



Went down to a dance shoe store in Orchard Plaza yesterday, and wow, the shoes really are comfy! The leather used is quite soft and the straps don't cut into my toes.. some shoes even have the breathable soles built in while still maintaining that sexy heels look. Also, they cost less than SGD100 (though if you want to add further bling by attaching swarovski crystals that will be another SGD80).  I shamelessly think it's a small price to pay for the privilage of standing comfortable for hours on heels =p
..and they're so pretty anyways..

Maybe the only downside is that, they only have heels up to 3-inches, and none is super 'bling'. For those bride-to-bes that need higher leverage, fret not, there's always comfortable stripper shoes . Hey, I'm serious! Read an article on how these working girls gotta stand for hours AND dance, climb etc etc, so it makes sense they gotta take care of their feet.

Ah well, another big tick on my list!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, is that pretty pair of white heels the actual dancing shoe that you bought at the dance shop? Can you please let me know which dance shop you went to at Orchard Plaza? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete