Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Settled on a venue! Finally!






And it will be Furama Riverfront Venus ballroom =) At first, I thought the ballroom was rather old and outdated, with a funny, rather 'muddy' color of carpet, however after seeing the room being set up several times (I actually went back to the hotel twice more to peek at Mercury and Venus ballrooms haha..), I grew to like it. The size is just nice, pillar-less, and quite beautiful after being set up.

Further, I will be able to put in good Indonesian food inside the menu! yay! If there is a 'dream wedding' item on my list..maybe this is it.. I'm so happy about it! Also, the service is very good, I read a lot of rave reviews about the coordinator I'm assigned to, he did throw in lots of perks and even a tasting for Fiance and I at the Indonesian restaurant. (No other hotel offered me tasting if it's the international menu, not the regular chinese banquet menu >< )



All this for a very reasonable price, so yeah I'm happy ;p Oh and, their terms of payment is good too, as we need to pay $3k deposit and can settle everything else on the wedding day itself. Guess it's those things that are important, but not THAT important, that will truly test your spending limit. You want it nice for your guests, but what's the limit? It helps to remember that there will be more financial needs down the road.  First big ticket item ever for Fiance and I!

The advice to settle venue first for wedding is very true, after loads of research and finally settling on one, I feel such relief, and now we can start planning the program visualizing how things will take place inside the ballroom.Well, I started out feeling rather 'blah' about wedding planning (though very excited about marrying my guy ;p ), but am much more the excited Bride-to-be now =)

No comments:

Post a Comment