Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What is the point of a honeymoon?

As things are getting settled (ah shucks just remembered I have to design the invitations >< ), Fiance and I are taking the time to think about our honeymoon. Thankfully, the honeymoon has lost its original connotation of the time when the groom try to impregnate a bride that he has kidnapped so the family will let her stay with him >< Nowadays, talking about honeymoon = 'dear, which exotic/ romantic/ perfect paradise with azure blue sky destination are we going to visit?'

Initially we were both quite set on going to Japan again as we both loved Tokyo so much. After coming back from our 8 days Tokyo trip, we both had recurring dreams of Japanese food and culture, that's how bad it was. So.. let's go Japan!



Then again.. a honeymoon isn't just like a vacation, right... A honeymoon is, ahem, a vacation on aphrodisiacs, so to speak. It isn't just about going to beautiful locations, or planning exciting activities, but it's about spending time with your spouse learning about and cherishing each other with physical pleasure.

An insightful article here stated:
"But honeymoons are to serve a special purpose. They are not an ordinary vacation; they are to be a love-fest... lie on the beach, stir only for refills on umbrella drinks, laze in bed every morning, rest, talk, make love and then make love again. They thought my prescription was boring. But, I know that every couple is going to struggle with sex at some point in the marriage. I know that the marital adjustment, the joining of bodies, household, space, finances, and sometimes parenting isn't easy. Sex is the lubricant that eases the wear and tear of daily life. It's the glue that binds a couple emotionally. Eroticism, pleasure, touch, rest and relaxation must be given high priority in order to set a pattern for tangible, physical rejuvenation and connection between the couple. "

Conclusion: a nice hotel room is necessary.



And so we crossed Japan off the list as great accommodation there is prohibitively expensive. SGD120 - 100 will get you a simple SEMI DOUBLE room, which looks like this:


And for the same price, you'll get a room in Bali that looks like this:



Unless you have a tiny-bed-tiny-room fetish, it's not difficult to see which one will be more conducive to bodily exploration. Of course, we can splurge more than that for accommodation, but the backpacker soul in me is uncomfortable with the notion of spending excessive cash just to have a place for the night. Also, if we do go to Japan, I think I will feel torn between staying in the room and exploring the weird and wonderful things outside haha.. Then again, we have our active, outdoorsy part and I am not sure sequestering ourselves in the middle of paddy fields for two weeks will be very enjoyable.

We started thinking along the lines of cities (more exciting!) that are beautiful but also relatively cheap (Can splurge on accommodation!). Plus, better that it's a city both of us has not visited. This is rather an obstacle as I've been to quite a lot of cities, but after brainstorming various cities in China, Thailand and Indonesia, Fiance suggested Taiwan. New and interesting for both of us, great food, exciting enough if we want to explore yet *no offense meant* okay enough if we decide to just stay in the room, and quite affordable.

From the looks of it, it's gonna be great =)


PS. Not sure if I'm crude writing about honeymoon matters.. At the risk of sounding like a spoilsport, I'd say with the advent of pre-marital sex, it becomes 'just another vacation, one you happen to take after the wedding.' For us, though, because of what we believe (and no we're not asexual prudes and it hasn't been easy, I can hardly stop groping his tan bod at first >< and it works for us but not for everyone, so be it), it will be slightly more exciting than that ;p At the same time, there's all this uncertainty over this special trip called 'honeymoon'.. but I'm enjoying the mystery and anticipation!

2 comments:

  1. ah... that last paragraph just told me why your fiancee proposed so fast ;D lalala

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Cherilyn, i am from Singapore and i have been in relationship with my boyfriend for 1 year now and we were planning to get married soon and all of a sudden he left me for another girl, i really love this guy and never can imagine life without him. I further tried all my best to get him back but all my effort to get him back in my life did not work out. It was on this faithful day, i came across some comments on a website about this great spell caster called Priest Ajigar, so many testimonies that he help them to renew their relationship and bring their ex back, i had to contact him because he was my last hope. I contacted him through his email and he assured me that in three days time my boyfriend is going to leave the other girl and come back to me and it was a very great surprise to see my boyfriend coming back to me after three days the spell was done. I am so very happy today that he came back to me and i achieved this with the help of Priest Ajigar spell and if you need his help to get your love back then i will advice you email him too for help on (priestajigarspells@live.com)

    ReplyDelete