Sunday, January 6, 2013

Engaged Ladies (Put A Ring On It!)

Wrote on a previous post that my Fiance want to have gold wedding rings, so we browsed through some google image pictures:





 Pretty neat, I think. Well the trend now is to have white gold or platinum as they are deemed more 'classy', but I agree with Fiance that gold rings seem more classic and timeless.

So, I researched where to get the gold rings, and the choice falls on this Chinatown gold shop called 'Chung Hwa jade & jewellery'. A quick google search will tell you they are popular as they don't charge GST and workmanship prices. You just choose the gold rings of the size you want, then they weigh it and multiply the weight in grams with prevailing gold price.

Our rings:


Hahaha can see the difference in our finger size. Anyway, choosing  plain gold rings come with an added bonus: more money for honeymoon ;p While a pair of rose gold 'Cherish' series ring from Poh Heng jewellery will set you back $1800 PER RING, my gold ring is $180 (Damn lucky Fiance, I have a small finger indeed!), and his around $540.

Cheapo? (and yet for some people those are already expensive!) But I do think our gold rings are beautiful.. and since we're wearing it everyday I don't want something expensive at all.. Maybe I also invested some meaning into these gold rings.. I hope our relationship will be like that.. Simple, but timeless and beautiful.. Precious, yet comfortable everyday.. Meaningful for us.. So heck-care what other people think!

Only one problem though... Fiance with his pent-up creative genius would like to engrave the rings himself a la Lord of The Rings... Well, I'll update my readers on that!

3 comments:

  1. o.o so he gonna engrave what?

    One Ring to rule the Wife, One Ring to bind her
    One Ring to make her mine and in everlasting love trap her

    that's a tweaked out version of One Ring description
    :D?

    ReplyDelete