Saturday, November 3, 2012

A journey of a thousand miles (but hopefully much shorter!) begins with a single step..

Just to lay out the practical steps we have taken for this monstrous undertaking called 'wedding planning', here are the things that Fiance and I did (reference for future brides-to-be!) :

1. Sit down together (we did it over Italian pizza 'n beer to bring some lightheartedness to it haha...) & discuss our expectations - it helps that both of us have the same wish: keeping it simple while making it a fun-filled celebration for our family and friends. Also, it helps to be in sync when we talk to our parents.. appearing as a strong team who has things under control helps manage parents' expectations too, and boy am I glad he's on my team!

2. Discuss what we think will be parents' expectations and how we can fulfill/ manage them

3. BEFORE talking to parents, consolidate how we want the receptions to be, make sure we know the procedures to be done (ROM etc). (This, I did research thoroughly) For brides, good to research a bit on the kind of wedding you want, theme, gown etc... I neglected to do it at first, mistake!

4. Research a bit about preparations & cost, e.g for us to get married in Catholic church, we have to attend a Catholic marriage preparation course, how much does it cost to rent the church, venues like community club (and yes they do have to be booked 6 months to a year beforehand, so planning now is not too early)

5. Talk to parents about their expectations and ask each of them to provide us a guest list - Everything else afterwards - venue, catering, cost etc etc - will depend on the guest lists! Furthermore... parents will start throwing in their expectations..especially the moms, I guess, this is where your research of the 'girly stuff' will come in handy.. if you can show you already have something in mind and it's meaningful and important to you, easier to manage others' expectations

6. Open a joint account to  start saving for the wedding cost. We chose OCBC, as they have flexi-deposit account giving us (slightly) better interest but the deposit term in counted per month, not yearly. Plus, they are open on Sundays.

That's all for now.. Many more to come!

1 comment:

  1. My name is Cherilyn, i am from Singapore and i have been in relationship with my boyfriend for 1 year now and we were planning to get married soon and all of a sudden he left me for another girl, i really love this guy and never can imagine life without him. I further tried all my best to get him back but all my effort to get him back in my life did not work out. It was on this faithful day, i came across some comments on a website about this great spell caster called Priest Ajigar, so many testimonies that he help them to renew their relationship and bring their ex back, i had to contact him because he was my last hope. I contacted him through his email and he assured me that in three days time my boyfriend is going to leave the other girl and come back to me and it was a very great surprise to see my boyfriend coming back to me after three days the spell was done. I am so very happy today that he came back to me and i achieved this with the help of Priest Ajigar spell and if you need his help to get your love back then i will advice you email him too for help on (priestajigarspells@live.com)

    ReplyDelete